Training of Trainers Course (T.O.T)
Emergency Medical Technician (EMT 1) Course
Pediatric First Aid Training – 1 Day
Pediatric First Aid Training aims to provide first aid knowledge and skills relevant for those caring for babies and young children. Medswift has designed this Pediatric First Aid Course to provide you with knowledge specific to handling of babies and children, in the homestead or workplace setting.
The Pediatric First Aid course is suitable for parents, child-minders and staff caring for babies/children in schools, nurseries, churches, pre-schools, day cares, estates and anyone else willing to learn how to handle children in distress.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe and demonstrate emergency First Aid for babies and children
- Take care of the baby/child until a more qualified help arrives
- Identify and administer first aid to medical and Trauma emergencies
- Identify risks to babies and children in the home and or workplace
The student will learn:
- Incident management
- Basic home and work safety
- Responsibilities of a First Aider
- Ways to Preventing cross infection
- How to handle unconscious Children and Infants
- How to perform CPR for babies and infants
- Child and Infant Choking
- Wounds and bleeding first aid
- Febrile Seizures, Epilepsy, Diabetes and Asthma
- Burns first aid
- Fractures and soft tissue injuries.